Our objective is to create a Chaîne des Rôtisseurs’ Gastronomy School in Évora, Portugal, to introduce and teach activities to needy young people, with the following aims:
- Give young students coming from poor families a space to socialise between lessons and their return home.
- Ignite in these young people an interest in catering through contact with gastronomy and oenology.
- Reveal to the students the potential for a career in the profession.
- Encourage the acquisition of specific basic skills in the areas of food and wine and discover new talent in this sector.
- Encourage the students to achieve a secondary educational qualification of “Qualified Technician” in the catering profession.
This course will include visits to selected hotels and restaurants in the country, wine producers, and to professional gastronomy schools with the possibility of a future qualification.Our target is 15 students per year being young people aged 12 to 16 years in Secondary Education and coming from needy families in the region of Évora, Portugal.
- Introduce them to the gastronomic and oenological heritage of the Alentejo, with the aim of developing tourism, employment and the local economy.